Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2008

"Oh, you have all boys"

I have heard the above phrase so many times, since my second son, River, was born. It seems like whenever I meet anyone, naturally, one of the questions that comes up, is if we have kids "yes", and then, their ages "5 and 18 months" and then what gender they are "both boys" Then comes the, “Oh, you have all boys.”
The "Oh," is sometimes said with as if I am telling a white lie and I couldn’t possibly have two boys. But more often than not, the “Oh,” is usually said in a low disappointing tone. Somewhere along they way, people have decided that having all boys is a gloomy situation to be in.
Of course I am partial, but I adore my two boys and love the fact that they have each other. I have witnessed a special bond that only brothers can share.

My brother wished his entire life that he had a brother. I think he still does, and he is 25.
We are so lucky that we have two healthy, happy, smart, funny, and loving children that happen to be boys and secretly, its fun being the only princess in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment