Pages

Monday, November 10, 2008

I wish I were an Indian

We had a great time at Stone Mountain's Annual Powwow Festival.
We talked to many Indians and learned about their lives.
We learned how tee-pees were made and was able to go inside some real ones (I want a real tee-pee in my back yard, of course).
We watched them make arrowheads, skin hide to make leather, play beautiful music and cook in the ground. I love the remedies that they use(d) to make their own medicines- much better than today's anitboitics and the simpleness that Indians live(d) compared to today's busy world.
We spent most of the afternoon watching the Indians dance as they would in a real powwow ceremony.

Later in the day we rode the tram up Stone Mountain and yes- hiked back down. This is one of those crazy "Brew Crew moments". Maximus loved it and ran and jumped the whole way down. I'll have to admit, my knees could have made music from all the trembling when we finally reached the bottom. We ended the night with the Christmas lazer show and Christmas lights. The lights were beautiful at Stone Mnt. and put me in the Christmas spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment