Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Meet my little cute, sneaky, mischievous Elvis


I should have named him Dennis the Menace. Yesterday he somehow got a pack of diapers and completely shredded them. It was small pack of only 10, but it looked like a cotton field outside! While I was trying to clean it up, he kept grabbing pieces and taking off with them, so I scolded him and put him inside! Oh, that's not all while he was inside he tore into the trash and had left over burrito everywhere. I could have killed him. So I threw him out in the rain. Next thing I know, Maximus is saying 'Mama Elvis has your scarecrow'... I looked outside and he had more than just the scarecrow, he had a few more stuffed animals and had already started working hard to get the cotton out of all of them. I was so mad at him! He followed me around all night with those sad puppy eyes. His normal pointy ears weren't so pointy. When it came time for bed, he just went and got in his bed... he knew! But this morning we made up and he is sitting in my lap helping me blog :)!
The other day we were getting ready to go to town and I had to put him up- or so I thought. When we started down the road guess who popped up? Elvis! Me and the kids just died laughing and kept going.
There just something about a furry friend that makes you love unconditional. Elvis makes me smile even when I'm sad. He does the funniest things and at the most needed times. When I'm doing dreaded chores such as cooking, washing dishes or folding clothes, he sits on my feet. When I take a shower, he sits at the door. When I sit down, he sits in my lap. When I get ready to go, he is at the door. When I go to bed, he kisses me goodnight.
Elvis, what in the world did I do before I got you?

No comments:

Post a Comment