Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

Our New Year's weekend

Let me tell you about our New Years, we have successfully, once again missed the New Year. We have not seen the New Year since Maximus was born, I don't think. Its sad to think we are becoming old fogies (how ever you spell that)! Well, we did rent a few movies and vegged out on junk food, before we gently closed our eyes. It think we made it till 10:00 PM.
Oh well, one of our resolutions is to get more rest, so we started off the new year right!

Friday, we took River to the doctor, I swore he wasn't sick, but Jason insisted! I felt so bad because he really was sick! He got 2 antibiotics, and had to have a breathing treatment. I am not wearing my "mother of the year" award this week I tell ya'!
Well while we were there, the nurse and doctor was going on and on about my kids not being up to date on their immunizaiton and since Jason doesn't keep up with these kind of things, he couldn't believe what he was hearing, so thanks to him, Maximus is now caught up. He got his 5 yo booster and was such a big boy, he barely cried! I tried saying "he's sick, he can't get a shot", but it didn't work. I was pushed out of the way and into the truck. I think I have white coat syndrome. I do not want either of my kid's to get polio, but I hate the thought of someone hurting them. Well I have to admit, I am glad its done and River is scheduled for a few Saturday appts. so that Jason can take him and get him caught up too.
Looks like I won't be wearing my "mother of the year" award for a while!

Now here is a picture that you won't see often, Jason parting with our junk!
We hauled off a truck load, I mean a truck load to the dump and a whole nother truck load to Grantville's Hidden Treasure, a consignment shop in Grantville.
Now our basement and garage are finally clean and we are ready to being our next stage of upgrading. Whoo Hoo!





Jason is laughing because he was caught telling a white lie about the "junk" being all mine :)!!
Well it seems as though we are starting off our New Years pretty good, taking care of some important "to do's".
Happy New Years 2009!






No comments:

Post a Comment