Pages

Friday, January 23, 2009

GranBarbara


My grandmother aka GranBarbara came and babysat today.
At last minute, I had something that I needed to take care of and I called to see if she would come watch the boys. Boy, was she excited!
She went by and got them Happy Meals- seems she knew how to hit the spot immediately.
As I was leaving, she told me to stay gone as long as I wanted... I told her to be careful in what she says :)!!
After my appointment, I was able to have lunch with my BFF and stroll through Target- alone! Both were such luxuries!
When I got back home, Maximus and River were happy as could be. But my poor GranBarbara looked so tired.
Something very funny though, GB is, I'd say, a little obsessive, with tinfoil. Her whole house is covered in it. It lines her closet floors, her drawers, her oven, every shelf in her refrigerator and I'm sure many other places. Maximus later said "why did GranBarbara make us eat off tinfoil?" I just laughed because it brought back so many memories.
I am very close to my GranBarbara and am so glad my children are able to spend time with her- just like I used to when I was small!

No comments:

Post a Comment