Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy Monday

Friday I went to my monthly TEAM meeting (Teaching and Encouraging All Moms). You are probably visualizing a bunch of moms sitting around in blue jean jumpers and tennis shoes, but actually its quite opposite. Well, one thing we talked on is what our personal greatest benefit of homeschooling is, I said 'vacations'. I think its great to be able to go places off season when everyone else is in school. But as I put more thought into this, later, my absolute greatest benefit is the closeness of my two boys. If Maximus was gone all day, I don't think they would share the same bond as they do now. But there are sooo many benefits, just too many to name.
I love going to TEAM night each month and listening to the stories of all the other moms, just like me!

Saturday our family went to Monster Jam at the Georgia Dome- our 6th year in a row!! Pawpaw and Cathi went too this year. We were able to make it to the pits for about 30 minutes and the boys got to sit and climb on all the big tires. Maximus loved it and got really into it. It was neat hearing him talk about it and understand how scores were kept, knowing which trucks did what and who his favorite was- Go Blue Thunder!! River, on the other hand, has the attention span of about 2- so next year should be better for him (and us)!












No comments:

Post a Comment