Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Thinking about the new year, I cannot believe it is already 2009.
Time sure does fly and I've learned, you'd better be careful blinking.

One year ago (12/31/07 to be exact), we started ripping up our carpet and putting down our hardwood floors. It was not to remodel, but to upgrade our home. To finish our floors, me and the kids had to go stay in a hotel in Newnan for a week. I was so ready to come home, but its a memory for Maximus and he still talks about it. We are still in the process of "upgrading" with many more projects to complete, but I cannot believe its been a year since we started.

2 years ago, our second son, River, was born. I decided to quit my job and stay at home with my babies. It was not an easy decision, but it was the right one. However, I was offered the best opportunity in the world- to work from home, and it is truly the best of both worlds!

5 years ago, we had our first born son, Maximus, who has shown us the true meaning of Love. I have no idea what we did before we had him!

7 years ago, Jason and I were tying the knot and never knew what all would come from us falling in love. We reminisce about this daily.

10 years ago, I was trying to find who I was and where I was supposed to be. I thought I would be a gypsy... or unstable since I moved 9 times in 2 years.

15 years ago, I met my future hubby on the school bus. We were boyfriend and girlfriend and so in love for 2 years, then "broke up" and went our own way doing our own things for 6 years. It's hard to believe we are now married with two kids, 3 dogs, a home and a camper :)!

20 years ago, I was only a 10 year old little girl and was oblivious to what life was really all about. I could not have imagined all the trials and triumphs, laughter and tears that life would bring and still bringing...

1 year from now, I would like for all of our unfinished upgrades to be complete. I would like to visit a new place and learn many new things.

5 years from now, I would like for Sarah Palin to be our president.
I would like to be homeschooling a 1st and 5th grader and to take a trip to Washington DC.

10 years from now, I want to be laying in bed on Saturday morning watching cartoon network with my 11 and 15 year old and driving them to lunch and maybe a movie with the top down.
On Sunday, I'd like to leave them at home, while
me and their daddy go for a ride on our Harley.
10 years from now, I hope we are living in a bigger house and driving a bigger truck, pulling a bigger camper.

15 years from now, I would like to be pulling our camper to the lake, with Maximus and River following, pulling their own campers.

20 years from now, I hope I am NOT trying to find myself and where I belong.
I hope I am celebrating my 27th anniversary while Maximus and River are working on their careers.


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment