Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

The Case of the Missing Blogs

Awe, its a bittersweet moment... May was a fun month, but I must say... thank God its over!
I can't believe its been a whole month since I have blogged, we've just been sooo busy, so let me tell you about what we've been up to...

Well, most importantly my baby turned 2 on May 9th, yep- he's not a baby (to the world) anymore.
We celebrated River's birthday at home ~very simple~ just with the grandparents. It was great with my two boys being the only children at the "party" and getting all of the attention – both had such a good time that I’m thinking we've created a new tradition.

River's birthday cake- baked and decorated with love by me :)!!

"Happy Birthday to you... Happy Birthday to you... Happy Birthday Dear River...Happy Birthday to you!"




Ok, he's growing way too big, way too fast. I decided to set up his (handed down from MacMac) toddler train bed. I was actually thinking, this is going to be a fun, but long night. But I was way wrong, he loves his train bed and slept all night long and can I ask, why I am complaining??!! The engine's head light is the coolest! Maximus never would sleep in it, so its just like new!


Good Morning sleepy head, its about time you wake up... its 9:30 AM- you are normally up at 7:00!!!



Homeschool day at SixFlags- soo much fun! Maximus rode all of the big roller coasters that he could and I'm thinking he rode the MindBender at least 10 times!!


And we couldn't forget Elvis who turned 1 (in human years of course) on May 12th, he had to have a party too! This is the only party hat that we could find to fit him. We make a "cake" out of can dogfood, put a candle in it and sang Happy Birthday. Doesn't he look sooo happy??


We have completed our 13 week FPU class, with baby step #1 completed, and working hard on baby step #2 and #3. Jason wanted to take this class, and I really wasn't all that interested. BUT what a wake up call it was- I've always been a saver, but never really looked at the "big picture", especially the picture with a family and future in it!
The financial advise was so valuable to me that I am going to teach the same principals to Maximus beginning next year using Dave Ramsey's Jr. Financial Peace class.

SOCCER!!
Maximus played 8 hard weeks of Upwards Soccer! This is his 2nd season playing Soccer (and 1 season behind his belt in Flag Football). We have watched him grow so much through his participation with Upward. His skills are improving as well as his sportsmanship. Its just a great opportunity and I am so thankful my family found it! We had the best set of coaches, husband and wife team, who devoted lots of time to our team- GO GATORS!!!



After 8 months of Awanas, Maximus was sad for it to be over. He went each week with so much enthusiasm about learning his lessons and bible verses. He eared quite a few Awana bucks to spend at the Awana store for his participation, including wacky hair day and "paying the bowl" (as he called it) each week. Above- he is posing with his 2nd place trophy for racing in the Awana Grand Prix- what an awesome experience!

And here it is... the one and only #48, camouflage truck with fiery hot flames that took 2nd place among many!!!




1st day of "school" (co-op), doesn't River look so happy? For 6 weeks we did a unit study with our homeschool group on the Titanic. Maximus learned a lot about the voyage; making maps, advertisements, dioramas of the ocean, toys played by those children on board and so much more, plus he made many new friends.

What a heart this woman has! Robin is one of the first persons that I met when I began homeschooling and the moment that I met her, I knew I was in the right place at the right time.
Robin and her family were members of Voyagers, the other co-op, for several years. It played such an important role in her and her children's lives that her heart went out for those families not able to participate because of space, so she felt led to begin a new homeschool co-op, Explorers. We were so excited when we got the call to join the pilot program.
Each day at co-op we were start out with assembly; announcements, achievements and a small devotion. I began looking forward to this time each week, as listening to her put such comfort and peace in my heart.

Um, River didn't share the same compassion for assembly as I did... here he is the first 2 minutes there, this was before he was on the floor, under the chairs, across the room- hollering "mama"!! Someone once said "You're gonna miss this"!


River's buddy at co-op



Lovin' the climbing wall on the playground! Halfway through the study, we (me and another girl teaching the 2 year olds) asked the moms to drop their little ones off at the play-ground, hoping to deter them away from the separation anxieties. It worked for the most part!



I didn't realize how much all the little guys (we didn't have any girls) in my class would really mean to me. I was sad to say good-bye!


Here is a handful of us, posing in our Explorer shirts, we love our shirts!!



Co-op field trip to the Aquarium and Titanic Museum. River is watching Depo's 4D movie- he loved the real bubbles!



My dad and Cathi went on the field trip with us- check out my dad with his 3D glass on!




Do I look rough or what?? Hey, we are "survivors" :)!


I loved this fish, he looked so happy to see everyone :)!!



Look at the whale behind Maximus! This was taken in the ballroom. The aquarium's ballroom is BEautiful!!






Look at this fella'- I seriously wish I could pet him!


And one of my favorite pictures- the homeschool fish, can you see him? My step-mom, Cathi, saw him first and I had to get a picture- how appropriate!!


Birthdays... church... sports... co-op... fieldtrips... you can see how busy we have been... and don't even ask when we did school :)!
P.S. That's why its still in session at Brewer Academy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment