Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!!

To celebrate Maximus's completion of Kindergarten, we had a graduation party for him with all of his grandparents. He was so excited to show off his work and for the day to be all about him!!







While planning for the party, Maximus would say "It's all about ME"!... so I thought it was perfect when I found a button for him to wear that said just those words!
At his party we had pizza, salad and cake. I had his graduation picture framed in an autograph mat and everyone signed it with very sweet sentimental wishes. We did a display of all of his work from geography to handwriting, from crafts to holidays, from field trips to co-op as well as all of the books that we read together this year. I also displayed his awards and trophies that he earned from soccer, football, Awanas and VBS.
To end the party, I played a DVD slide show capturing all the things we did and the places we went all year. I had a hard time holding back tears watching our whole year together. Its amazing that they grow up before your very own eyes!

I love that I was able to pull this together for Maximus to let him know just how much this year meant to me and how proud we are of him. And I am most grateful for my family who came to show their love and support. It was the kind of satisfaction that you get when you are craving something sweet and you find exactly what hits the spot.
Goodbye Kindergarten... Hello 1st Grade!!


... So True!!





One of the displays...



Maximus was surprised by the graduation gifts. GranBarbara gave him money and a few graduation gadgets, Pawpaw & Cathi gave him some books, and a special one about the Titanic, Mimi gave him her computer, David gave him a few games for the computer and Granmama & Pawpaw Edwin gave him a fishing pole.
Now it was for sure "all about him"!!



No comments:

Post a Comment