Pages

Friday, June 19, 2009

Some Sappy Stuff... and Life's Lessons

This is a really cool picture to me! My two boys sitting on the stoop of my great-grandmother's house (would've been their great-great grandmother) which is still in the family. After my gg passed away, my daddy remodeled it and Jason and I rented it. It's a very cute cottage-style house almost in the middle of the city. Sprayberry's Barbecue is within walking distance and Jason and I would walk just to get an ice-cream. We had nothing then except time and each other. We lived there for a little over a year, and we moved right before Maximus was born.

Besides it being my gg's house, it's sentimental to me because it is where I began a new phase in my life. And forever, I wanted to move back because that was the "good times". After visiting the house the other day, I've thought and thought about this and think I finally understand what I am looking for couldn't be found because I've entered a new phase. And before its too late, I'd better enjoy where I'm at now because one day I'll look back and wish I was here again!!
Hum, I think its taking me 29.9999 years to somewhat get it.


My grandmother loved this because she stood on this same stoop herself and learned how to yo-yo... and now she gets to watch her great-grandson do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment