Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

What is the truth? Does anyone really know?

This weekend, we went to Orchard Hills 3rd Annual Wildgame dinner and had so much fun!!
I wasn't planning on going, Jason had an extra ticket and couldn't give it away.
some said, "at church?- no thanks"... and he heard "at church?- does that church even preach on sin (with a beer in one hand)?"
[First of all, what church does not preach on sin??]
So I used our extra ticket, put on my country girl sweatshirt and boots and headed out with the boys, never knowing what fun I was going to have.
I didn't and couldn't bring myself to try the deer meat, the pheasant (sp?) or the gator. But I could tell all the men were in heaven, sorry for the pun. The church was standing room only, with over 600 people attending. We had no idea it was going to be this big. The speakers were hysterical, and literally had our jaws hurting from laughing so hard.
[I believe this is the way Jesus intends for Christians to be].
I had to end up leaving early because River was so tired, but truthfully it hurt my feelings, as I was having such a good time and wanted to stay so badly.
Maximus won a fishing pole from Gables- in Newnan, in a drawing. I didn't get to see this, but Jason said he was so excited he ran to the stage and they said 'this boy is ready to go fishing!'
It was a good night, and my boys talked about it all weekend.

Well- we went to church on Sunday and guess what the pastor preached on... SIN!
[But, if preaching on sin to you is, screaming, jumping up and down, pointing fingers, spraying his words instead of teaching, than I guess I could say 'No that church doesn't preach on sin'].

Amen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment