Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Life can be so hard sometimes. I'm always blogging about how perfect my life is, how I have the smartest kids, the best husband, a home, the best job in the world, but I rarely post the trials and work that it takes to have those things. I have had people email and ask why I don't post the bad stuff. And why do I act like life is a bowl of cherries. And if the smile on my face is real.

I've learned that if you want something, you have to work for it.
I work hard to be able to stay at home and teach my kids, to have a happy marriage, to make my mortgage payment, to keep a decent house, to put groceries in my pantry... so sometimes, that requires me to work hard to put a smile on my face.

Life comes with un-lovable people, with decisions, with choices, with burdens... life comes with too many things to name.
And I, like everyone else, have had to deal with all the above lately, to which my plate has runneth over. I can't give up my wife, mother, chef, maid, nurse, taxi, finder of all things title and I'm not in a place to give up my income. That being said, I considered giving up our homeschool. I never accepted it, but I did start looking into other options and praying.

At the same time, an old friend from highschool has seen us out and about and contacted me. She said she admired me and my kids and could tell we had something special. She wanted me to give her as much information as I could because she wants to homeschool her 3 kids next year (btw, we both stood in line together at graduation accepting our diploma with honors). I didn't have the heart to tell her I was thinking of quiting.

Then last night, we went to eat at the famous Mickey D's and while we were making our drinks, Jason and I were standing there talking, like there wasn't anyone else there. I turned around and a young boy was just standing there waiting and I said "oh I am sorry, we weren't paying any attention", and he said "that's okay, I'm patient". We got back to the table and I said to Jason "he's homeschooled". No, he wasn't holding a Shakespeare novel and his mama didn't have on a blue jean jumper, but there was something about the way he spoke that I just knew. I knew I was right, but to confirm it I had to ask, so I did and he answered "yes". I almost broke into tears.

And lastly, this morning, after 2 years of waiting to be in a co-op and being told we wouldn't make it next year, I got an email saying we got in and registration for next year is on March 24th, Maximus's birthday...

I can't ignore the obvious, so for now, my consideration is null and void.
My plate is still full and life is still going to happen, but I will just have to learn how to eat off paper plates, get smaller portions, chew my food, and pass, on the things that I don't like.

1 comment:

  1. Isn’t it funny how people are drawn to the negative? A person can do one hundred good things and one bad, and people going to gossip about…the one bad thing.

    I prefer that you keep talking about all of the positives that are going on in your life. The bible says that the things we speak over our lives are the things we will have. I know that life isn’t perfect, everyone knows that, but if you keep speaking about the positives, then positive things will always come our way.

    Proverbs 18:21 says, "The tongue has the power of life and death".

    Speak about the positives, to your family, your friends, your neighbors and to your lord above so that you and your family will be blessed with positives!!

    ReplyDelete