Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

2 Suckers

Do any of you have kids who like to repeat the same questions fifteen-thousand times a day? My Maximus is a broken record these days and I am hoping its just a phase he's going through, but there are days when, after repeating myself a million times, I get a little frustrated.

Here is our conversation yesterday, on a trip to town,

"Mama, where are we going?"
"To the bank and the grocery store."
"To the bank?"
"Yes."
"Are we going to the bank first, then the grocery store? Or the grocery store, then the bank?"
"To the grocery store, then the bank."
"Why are you going to the grocery store first? Our food will get hot. Did you know ice-cream melts? Are we going anywhere else?"
"No, nowhere else today."
"Then why are you stopping for gas?"


"Mama do I have to hold your hand in the parking lot?"
"Yes"
"So a car doesn't hit me?"
"Yes"
"So no one can grab me?
"Yes"
"So I don't run off?"
"YES!"

"Mama, can I get some candy?"
"Not today."
"So I can't get any candy?"
"Not today."
"Can I get a sucker at the bank?"

"Mama, look a frog! Is that a bus? Look at that bug! Is that a bear?"
"Yep, I see the frog, yes, it's a bus, I see the bug, yes it's a bear."

At this point, I am trying to stay calm and tell myself, he's only 5...
And at the same time I am thinking that BIG YELLOW BUS THAT COMES AT 7AM AND BACK AT 4PM IS LOOKIN' GOOOOD!

Then he says, "Mama, I love you!"
And at the bank, I asked for 2 suckers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment