Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2009

17 Years Ago

On this day, February 5th (1992) I met my soul mate, my best friend, my husband.
He moved to the small town of Moreland where I grew up and started riding my school bus.
The minute I saw him I instantly "fell in love" with him. I don't know what it was about him, but something made my little heart flutter. I could see something in him that no one else could see.
My parents, nor his were happy about us to say the least.

But I guess you could say I rebelled and did whatever I had to- to see him.
We would skip school and go fishing and in the summer he would walk (5 miles) from his house to mine to see me. We would talk on the phone for hours and into the night. We were inseparable.
But, as we started getting older, we each had different plans and our heads were on two different shoulders, so we decided to go our own ways, and we did.
But here we are today together, married for almost 8 years, 2 precious boys, a home, 3 dogs and a camper :)!
Who would have ever thought?
One thing about us, is we've always been able to communicate and I think that's what keeps us so strong.
Being a mama, I hope my boys' hearts never get this serious at such a young age, but if they do, I hope they are as lucky as me!

No comments:

Post a Comment