Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fireproof

< target=_blank>fireproofbanner src="http://www.fireproofthemovie.com/takeaction/_images/_banners/fireproof_468banner.gif" width=468 border=0>


Man, we just finished a six week Fireproof class that was powerful!
We've had a lot of people question why we were going to a marriage class and even some negativity. We didn't go for counseling, we went to Fireproof our marriage.
Fireproof doesn't mean a fire will never come, but that when it comes, you'll be able to withstand it.
A few months ago, we went to see the movie on opening weekend, not really knowing much about it. Our homeschool association was giving away tickets and pleading with everyone to go on opening weekend- so we did. My main objective was just going on a date with my husband... but we ended up talking about it all night long.

Then we started visiting OH Baptist Church on Sundays and I heard about a Fireproof class that they would be starting and signed us up. Jason's first thought on it was, I don't have time... My only worry was, what am I going to do with River since he refused to stay in the nursery.
We learned so much about marriage, unconditional love and the true meaning of forgiveness. This class was a life changing for both of us.
We have something that we have never had before!

For those six weeks, my dad and step-mom kept River. That was a huge commitment on their part and for that I will forever be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment