Pages

Monday, December 8, 2008

Whew!

Last Friday we went on a field trip, that was organized by our homeschool group, to E-KA, a Japanese Steakhouse and GranBarbara joined us. Just in brief, before the field trip, we looked at where Japan was on the map compared to America. We'll get more into the culture as Maximus gets older. We had a great time and great chef and will definitely have to go back again! On Friday evening, Cathi was invited to a Christmas dinner at Crossroads Baptist Church by a lady that she works with and she invited me to go with her. The theme was Christmas Around the World. Each table had a host and each host had to decorate their own table- below are a few pictures, but does not do any justice to how beautiful all the tables and decorations were. Dinner was great! We got to choose from Mexican, American and Italian. I chose Mexican and Cathi chose Italian. Then we had, my favorite- coffee with french vanilla cream while we listened to a few speakers from around the world talk about Christmas traditions in their country. The one that impressed me most was the girl from South Africa that said 'it's hot in her country and they have Christmas on the beach with shorts, tshirts and a picnic'!!
I had a such a great time and got to meet some really sweet ladies.



Me and Cathi with our ornaments, these were handmade by a lady for each person attending- was said that she made 500 of them!
What we really wanted was the cheesecake at the next table over :)!

On Saturday, I went to a Christmas Tea- hosted by the ladies woman's ministry at Orchard Hills Baptist Church and was invited by my friend, Pam (thank you- thank you- Pam for all that you have done for me- you have done more than you'll ever know). There were beautifully decorated tables and the most beautiful Christmas music I had ever heard. Each lady- at their own table- was asked to tell about a favorite Christmas memory as a child. It was so much fun hearing everyone's stories and laughing.
The speaker was, the Pastor of Orchard Hills, Dr. Stacy Thomas's, mom. She had such a sweet testimony and seemed to have such a kind heart. She's the kind of person, you wish you could bring home with you, cuddle up to and listen to her stories over and over again!
Here are a few of the decorated tables- I was so inspired that I left and went to Target to get a table cloth, napkins, and a candle centerpiece!!

Cathi (and my dad) kept Maximus and River for me so that I could go to the Christmas Tea.
I emailed Cathi a few days before and ask if she would keep the boys for me for just a few hours and her response was 'I’d LOVE to watch the boys on Saturday, I thought you’d never ask!!!'
Cathi, you have no idea how much that meant to me! Thank you!!
I know the boys had a good time- but I think Cathi was introduced to TAZ when he sprinkled Comet all over their house!
On Sunday, we went to downtown Newnan and met up with my friend Tara and her daughter and watched the Christmas parade. Tara's son, Jacob, is in the marching band for Newnan- so we got to see him too. Both Maximus and River had a great time and loved getting all the candy.
We got to see Santa in the firetruck too- its great to see my kid's see something that I have seen as a child.
Today- I am just trying to play catch up. Jason helped me clean the house and catch up the dishes and laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment