Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Last but definitely not least!

I am done Christmas shopping, except for one person, my husband. He is so hard to buy for because he doesn't want just things. He always says "don't buy me anything, there's nothing I want right now". But I like to show my love by giving gifts, so I never listen and I just stress a little until I find the perfect gift for him or at least what I consider perfect... I mean come on, everybody has to want something.

So if you are like me and having the same troubles here is a list of Top 10's and some tips to prevent this from happening.

Top 10 ways to know your husband doesn't like his Christmas gift:

10. He opens it and says, "Wow, I hope you got a really good deal on this. . .I mean a reallllllyyy good deal."
9. He opens it and says, "This will be perfect for the white elephant sale at Aunt Martha's tomorrow."
8. He opens it and says, "This will look good when I clean out the garage."
7. He opens it and says, "Boy, I like this one as much as the other one you bought me last year."
6. He opens it and says, "Honey you shouldn't have. . .and I mean it."
5. He opens it and says, "Where did you FIND this. . .a dumpster, the side of the road. . .?"
4. He opens it and says, " I like it. . .but what is the return policy at the store where you bought

it?"
3. He opens it and says, "Of course I like it. . .what exactly would you call it?"
2. He accidentally backs over 'it' . . .twice.
1. You find him listing it on Ebay before lunch.

Tip #1 - What does your husband talk about all the time: sports, computer gadgets, tools, cars? Go to a store that sells those kinds of things, walk up to a man (that's important) and say, "What's the coolest "thing" you have that is guaranteed to please my husband?" Then buy whatever it is that he says.
Tip #2 - Go to that ladies pajama department and say to the clerk, "What's the coolest "thing" you have that is guaranteed to please my husband?" Then buy whatever it is that she says and wrap it up as a special his-eyes-only Christmas gift.
Tip #3 - If you are still struggling you can buy a
2009 You 'da Dad daily Calendar
and you are sure to have the perfect "thing".

No comments:

Post a Comment