Pages

Friday, December 19, 2008

Updates on our Traditons and Advents

Here is "Redbell" stuck upside down in our light fixture!!! Well, see Maximus was getting bored with finding Redbell. I would say "lets find Redbell" and he'd say "can we do that later?"... I was so disappointed. Then I thought about the kind of kid Maximus (and River too) is and thought I bet he would like it if Redbell got stuck and I was sooo right! He's been hiding all over the house, in the trees, on shelves, on the mantel in the stocking, and one day he was in the light fixture- no big deal- until the next day he couldn't fly back to the North Pole because he got stuck! That's what did it- Maximus laughed so hard until he almost peed his pants!! So now Redbell gets stuck in cabinets, has kicked my cookbooks all over the place, made huge messes and every loves to wake up and see what our little elf has done this time!! We've also really enjoyed the Jessie Tree Advent. Our family sits down every night (okay I'll admit we've had to do more than one in a night sometimes), but we read the devotion, open the ornament and the book gives you ideas of things to talk about in your own lives. Its great family time- that we too often don't take advantage of. Here is one of my favorite ornaments, the coat of many colors.
I would highly recommend this Advent to all families.



No comments:

Post a Comment