Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What have we been up to?

On Saturday 12/13 we went to Jason's family Christmas (Christmas at Granmama Arp's). Jason's family is so big that they have to hold it at a community center. The dinner is a potluck, and I always make a dessert, this year I made a chocolate cake. After dinner, the kids sat around a sang Christmas carols- that is one precious site!
Later, the kid's exchanged gifts from the names they drew. Maximus and River each drew a girls name and I was clueless when shopping. Everything had a million pieces and was a bit pricey and pink. I was thinking of buying each of them a truck since all they see is pink stuff! Hey- my boys like strollers and babydolls, of course they drive the baby around like the Dukes of Hazard, but that's besides the point. We had a great time! Jason loved this time growing up with all of his aunts, uncles, cousins and granmama- and I think our kids' will feel the same way!

We've been very busy, handmaking our Christmas cards, reading the Christmas story, baking cookies and writing Maximus's letter to Santa. Here is Maximus's letter (if you can read it). It was sooo cute!
When we first started talking about Christmas, he said he wanted Santa to bring him a Plasma, a laptop, a bigger 4wheeler and a tree house. I thought I was going to have to tell the poor kid who "Santa" really was and how broke he really is! But when writing his letter, he wrote an Army set, and I immediately ran out bought one before he changed his mind. I have no idea where he got the idea of a remote control Lego truck, but I am still searching for a replica and yes he is getting a real BB gun.
Speaking of Santa, I know a lot of people question whether they should tell their kid's about Santa not being real and I say "NOT". I was never sat down and told the truth, all I was told is that when you quit believing, you quit receiving. Now why would I have ever told what I really knew. I got presents from Santa until I moved out and was never traumatized by the truth. Lighten up, its the magic of Christmas.

Oh yea, and I got my ears pierced, I am trying to get in touch with my feminine side- and Jason if you are reading this- my ears will be ready (it takes six weeks) for those real diamond earrings by Valentines :)!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason, If you're reading this, I was in Friedman's Jewelers last night. They have everything 80% off and another 20% off that. They have REAL diamond earrings that are incredible priced.

    ReplyDelete