Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Our spider had 9 legs (???)

When I decided to homeschool, I started asking other homeschool moms what curriculum they used. I had one mom tell me they didn't use a curriculum, they just enjoyed their time together, go outside and count bugs. I thought 'what a wasted education'. So I ordered my curriculum and all 3 boxes of textbooks were delivered to my door. It even came with lesson plans for each day. This was great... until into the first couple of weeks I was screeming "I hate school!". Now I understand what that mom meant!
Yesterday we watched a spider build his web. It was so cool! We counted the number of times it went around, counted his legs and even made up a funny story about 'if I were a spider...' Wow, math, science and even a bit of language arts all in 30 minutes on our front porch swing. If school equals learning, then that's school!
I have very different plans for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment