Pages

Friday, October 10, 2008

Skipping the textbook- not school, baby

Yesterday morning I woke Maximus up and said "get ready Pawpaw and Cathi are coming to take you somewhere fun today (I hadn't told him earlier because I didn't want to hear 'when are they coming'
a-l-l w-e-e-k :)) Anyhow, he got up, got dressed, brushed his teeth and ate breakfast so easily (I wish I could say "Pawpaw and Cathi are coming" everyday)! Well after he paced the floor a few times waiting for them to pull up, he said "mama you know what I get to do today- I get to skip school" (my first thoughts [before I laughed] were my innocent little 5 yo knows about skipping school)...

...but being the 'homeschool mama' I said "nope baby, you're not skipping school- the world is your classroom and you are going on a fieldtrip".

Pawpaw and Cathi (and Aunt Rose- Cathi's aunt) took him to the Ga National Fair and he had a blast! He came home last night and could barely hold his eyes open, but tried so hard to tell me all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment