Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY MAXIMUS!!!

Yesterday was my oldest son's 6th birthday! I am so happy that I have been blessed with such a wonderful son, but at the same time I wonder where in the world the last 6 years have gone! He is growing up before my eyes!

For the last 5 years, we have thrown him big birthday parties, and although they were a lot of fun, we decided to do things a little differently this year. We decided we'd spend the day with him doing whatever he wanted to do. And it was the BEST!
He wanted to go to Jumping Jelly Beans, so we spent most of the day there. We all had a blast! They dare parents to get in and play with their children...it didn't take much convincing for Jason and I to jump right in. We had a great time climbing, jumping and sliding in their inflatable playground. After that, Maximus decided he wanted some ribs and bread from Texas Roadhouse and loved them singing to him! Lastly we went to Wal-Mart, straight to the toy isle and told him he could pick out any toy he wanted (the funny thing is he never asked about a gift). Each day and at every moment, I see and learn how special my son really is!
He didn't take any second looks at the expensive toys, as I was even convincing him of some. 'LQQK at THIS' I would say, and he'd say 'nah'. We even went over to the video games and I was VERY impressed that he didn't choose one. He picked out two very inexpensive gifts; a tiny remote control car and a $4.88 ninja set. And then said he felt bad because River wasn't getting anything and asked if he could pick out something for him. I told him no, because it wasn't River's birthday and he would get something on his birthday, but today was his day.
He said 'well okay, I'll share my ninja set with him then'...
Sorry to brag, but I could only stop and wonder what was I doing so right?


On Saturday before his birthday, we went over to Pawpaw and Cathi's for pizza and ice-cream cake! He really enjoys spending time with them, but to have the time centered around him couldn't be more perfect. They got him a bug cage for all his bug collecting, two mini camping lanterns, $10, an electrical set to build things using electricity (very cool!) and some new clothes.

On Monday his Mimi came and picked him up and spent the day with him. He wanted to go bowling and play in the arcade so they spent the day at the bowling alley. He's been telling her that the only thing he wanted for his birthday was an ipod, so she took him to pick out his own ipod!
He loves his Mimi and enjoyed the day being all about him!

We met up with GranBarbara yesterday and she gave him $25. She asked him what he was going to do with his money and he said "Save It!!", I think that surprised us both!
He has always been good at saving his money (he still has money from his 1st birthday by his own choice)! I hope that trait stays with him through life!


Maximus blowing out his candles at Pawpaw and Cathi's


Eating his push-pop candy from Jumping Jelly Beans... he was just as excited about getting the candy as playing!


"Oh mama, this is the best day ever!"


The famous ribs at Texas Roadhouse!

"Oh my goodness, that was fun! Can they sing to me again? I wish it was my birthday everyday...I never get to get dessert when we go out to eat"
Sometimes I wish life had re-wind buttons so we could replay the good times! I would replay this day over and over again and I think Maximus would agree!
Happy 6th Birthday Maximus, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment