Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Our Family Tree

Maximus is very interested in his family, his generation and his ancestors so I decided it was time to do make his family tree, using a lapbook, of course!
But before we branched out, I wanted him to study a little about himself, so we made a book about him and one of my favorite parts of his book was a page that he dictated about his bedroom. He said 'I love my bedroom because I share it with my brother and we have a boat full of stories' (which he is referring to a bookshelf made to look like a boat). He's already learning "creative writing"!!
Briefing on adjectives, I asked him to name some "feeling words" about his home... and he said safe, creative, love and cozy... sweeeet!!

Inside the door was a picture of all the members who live in his home...



and inside the window is a picture of what you would see if you looked in and he drew a picture of me and him with a big heart... I melted!



We also learned some facts about his home state, Georgia... geography being one of his favorite subjects.



Then the family tree! It was really cool for Maximus to see how generations work and who's who! It always amazes him when he finds out my grandmother is actually my father's mother, etc.


Maximus said he wants to keep going and find out who is ancestors are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment