Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sometimes I have to get it out of my system

Since I do not have a girl, in order to get the "girlie" things out of my system, I make things for my niece, Abbie. When I was a little girl, I used to love paper dolls, and its kind of sad to me that you don't see these kinds of things out anymore, toys are so commercialized these days.
So why not? I made some paper dolls for her :)! First I drew a little girl (very plump and old fashioned) and made several copies...
Then the fun part! Instead of paper, I used scrap material that I had and made her some fashion. I am into the 60's right now, so you know she had to have a pair of bell bottoms and a flower power shirt!!
Then I made a Ballerina girl for the example since Abbie is now a ballerina girl. I tucked it all into a girly pencil box and wa la...


I haven't given it to her yet, but I really hope she enjoys it! My boys loved it and want me to make them some paper boys with boy clothes...Hmmm, that's do-able :)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment