Pages

Friday, April 3, 2009

Wow, how time flies. I come to post a blog and realized I hadn't posted since last week!
So much is going on and we have just become so busy since the beginning of the year. After the holidays, I thought uh oh we've got 'real' school work to do and workbooks to finish...so we better get back on track or else we won't have a summer break! But I did mention that we did a birthday study for Maximus's birthday, which was really fun and something I plan to do every year for both of my boys. And we did a small unit study for St. Patrick's Day, learning the history of the holiday, eating green eggs and ham and of course, bashing our cheap leprechaun... (Maximus cannot wait till next year because he has a plan, he wants to set up a trap and catch him...uh oh!).
This year, April Fool's Day snuck up on me! I was planning on getting my family really good. I can't tell because they are soo good, I hope to use them for next year!
Well, after telling Maximus it was April Fool's Day, my little prankster couldn't be any happier! We were able to talk some about the history of AFD, but he was waaay more interested in fooling everyone!
He couldn't wait to get Jason and he did good!
He apologize to him for getting mud all in the camper (this was soo good because Jason is a neat freak about our camper and its not unlike Maximus to do something like this).
He said he accidentally jumped in the mud puddles and didn't know his boots were muddy until after he had climbed all over the beds. I saw the look of fear in Jason's eyes and nudged Maximus to quickly say APRIL FOOLS!
He called Mimi and told her we had to go to her house to get something and Lucy (her very spoiled dog) ran out and ran down the road. Maximus said she really started to get upset so he had to tell her APRIL FOOLS pretty quick!
Then he called Pawpaw. He tried telling him that he saw his laundry mat on the news where it had been broken into and everyone had stolen all his washing machines. After hanging up, he said "Man your daddy is good, he knew it was April Fools...so I've gotta think of something good to get him next year".
For the last few weeks, we have been doing an Easter unit study, so I'll be posting the details on that soon.

So that's what our Home Sweet Homeschool has been up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment