Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

There's something about nature... boys LOVE! Maximus has a huge heart for nature, and loves to explore! Easter weekend, he found a turtle and named him Kevin. Kevin went everywhere with us, even the soccer game. I thought seriously about going to the pet store and getting all the necessities so that Maximus could keep Kevin (alive). But I thought I'd better teach him about turtles natural habitats because I don't think Kevin will be the last reptile he'll find and want to keep. We talked and talked and talked and talked... and talked about letting Kevin go and finally I was able to coax him in to it, with the explanation that keeping him is cruelty to nature.
Don't know if you can see "Kevin", but here he is (probably on his knees under that shell) as we said goodbye

River saw Kevin's head pop-out!

Maximus disguising himself up in the trees trying to catch Kevin "getting away".
Wonder what's next???

No comments:

Post a Comment