Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

You're still the one I love!!

When I first saw you, I saw love.
And the first time you touched me, I felt love.
And after all this time, you're still the one I love.
Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come my baby
We mighta took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday
They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're the one I want for life
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night
Ain't nothin' better
We beat the odds together
I'm glad we didn't listen
Look at what we would be missin'
You're still the one that I love!

Jason and I just celebrated our 10 year anniversary on 9/22/2011.
Wow, did I just say it? 10 years?! Time sure does fly.
The last 10 years have been amazing and I can't believe what all we have done and where all we have been (physically and emotionally). In 10 years, we have bought a little house, on a little piece of land, in a little town, and started a little family. I love our little world and I am looking foward to celebrating many more decades together!
For our anniversary, we went camping, no Bahama cruise, no diamond rings (that's a later story), no bed of roses, just me.Jason.and our camper. It was so relaxing and so peaceful. We spent a lot of, much needed, overdue, time together doing absolutely whatever we wanted and it was wonderful. We played games, took walks, rode bikes, slept late, ate late... No one was screaming 'I'm hungry' or 'you gotta come see this'.
Just perfect!
Don't get me wrong, I missed my boys like crazy, but it was so nice to appreciate them again! :)
Raising a family, homeschooling, working, and just life wears us down and sometimes we forget what we have and how we got here. Its was great to reconnect and rethink our priorities. I hope we don't have to wait 10 years to do this again!

(our private oasis)

Sunsets

setting the mood

Then and Now

Jason Brewer, thank you for everything, especially loving me even when I am not lovable!
You're still the one I love. Till death do us part, I still Do!

No comments:

Post a Comment